Showbox for Android TV Box is an amazing app which enables you watch movies in HD without paying any cost. Android TV has been around for a while now. What does it do? It converts your TV into an Android interface, which gets you access to Android apps on the big screen. This includes apps like ShowBox, which lets you watch amazing movies and TV shows in HD, using only your internet connection and without any need to pay a penny! Potentially, it can save you hundreds of dollars in cable fee and channel subscriptions, which means you should be well on top of your initial investment in no time.
Showbox Android TV Box is the perfect replacement for cable connections. To have it play directly on your TV is a bonus. Let’s see how to run ShowBox app on Android TV box.
Installing ShowBox app for Android TV Box
Here are the steps collected for your reference.
- Download ShowBox apk file from the internet. Use Google Search, or back up the app on your Android device and put it into a USB drive to plug into the Android Box TV. You can also transfer it using SHAREit.
- Go to Settings on your Android TV’s home menu and go to Security, just like on Android Smartphones. Once again, enable Unknown Sources, and this should allow installation of ShowBox app on the device despite it not being from the Play Store.
- Run the apk file on your Androit TV and ShowBox should begin installing after you agree to its permissions.
In three simple steps, you have installed ShowBox app on your device and are capable of running it too.
How to use ShowBox app on Android TV Box?
Showbox Android TV Box can play your favorite movies and TV shows just as easily as a smartphone, thanks to ShowBox app. You might want to pair the app with a video player like GrowBox or MX Player to run video content seamlessly. It’s amazing because it eliminates the need to have screen casting apps running and consuming your battery as well as internet speed.
- To play a movie, first install MX Player from the Play Store. You can choose other apps too if you prefer, but MX Player is the default video player associated with ShowBox.
- Next, launch ShowBox and select a movie or TV show episode you’d like to watch.
- On its page, choose a resolution, and toggle subtitles if you wish. You can also get multiple player formats and different servers in case one isn’t accessible at the moment.
- Click Watch Now and let the content load.
- To Download, you can use the so named button right below. Do note that Torrent servers don’t work in certain countries due to local laws. Change servers and you should be able to queue them effortlessly.
- To speed up downloads, you can try using apps like Vidmate which can speed up downloads considerably.
This was all about ShowBox app on Android TV Box. ShowBox is a must have for all Android TV Boxes, because it lets you watch free entertainment without pesky commercial breaks, and gets you high quality movies even if there’s a storm outside, which is too much to expect of the usual DTH services.